Before you continue with the reprogramming of the firmware, please make sure that the device is installed on your computer. Remove the chip from the cartridge or seal it up. And make sure that any other devices (except mouse and keyboard), which are connected to your computer via USB or LPT ports are disconnected. It’s preferable that the computer is connected to the "UPS" (uninterrupted power source) device, because if during the reprogramming process the electricity source has any interruptions, then
the reprogramming will be carried out with an error, which makes the device unable to work.
Be aware that with the reprogramming of the firmware the manufacturer’s warranty goes lost!!
1. Connect the printer to the computer and turn it on
2. Wait until the printer is ready for work
3. Open the folder "IgnorDev" and run file "fix1640_83.bat"
4. After that file has been run, a file "FIX_ML1640_V1010083.fls" should appear in the folder
5. Drag that file onto the file icon "usbprns2.exe"
6. Wait until the printer reprograms (1 minute) and restarts
7. After that the reprogramming process is finished, restart the printer
The firmware reprogramming file
is not protected against any updates from the Samsung website! Do not
download any updates yourself!